Firstlight is run by a team of dedicated volunteers with the common mission to proclaim God's love throughout New Zealand. Firstlight aims to broadcast the best selection of ground-breaking Christian programs sourced from 3ABN, Amazing Facts, It Is Written and other international and local sources as they become available.
While our programs are based on Christian principles, we believe the program topics will be of great interest to the general public and not just limited to a Christian audience.
Please continue to help us with your prayers and with your financial support. We cannot keep your favourite Firstlight channel up on air without YOUR ongoing support!Check out this week's Program Schedule to see what is showing and what is coming up on Firstlight.
Announcement!Some time ago we used to show a documentary film or a Christian flim on a Sunday evening. We received helpful feedback that folk would prefer this to be scheduled on a Saturday evening as a late night on Sunday isn't good for those needing to rise early for work on a Monday. With this in mind, we are now going to show a documentary or a suitable Christian film on Saturday nights, starting this Saturday at 7:30pm with the award winning documentary called "Captivated" - see below for further info about this film.
A special item is being aired this week!
"Captivated" - Award winning film!
This will be screened as follows:
Saturday night - 27th June at 7:30pm
Wednesday arvo - 1st July at 1pm
Friday early morning - 3rd July at 1am
Most of us would agree that we are a media-saturated society. What effect is all this media having on us individually and culturally? This documentary raises concerns about our culture's unchecked enthusiasm for media consumption. Even if you are not media-addicted, you should watch this movie. Gather your children and your grandchildren to watch it with you.
See the trailer here.
By the way...if you watch this and decide that you would like to purchase the DVD to share with others it is available from the good folk at Autumn Leaves.
If you are unable to attend a local church for Sabbath services, then please join the growing Firstlight viewing Family nationwide for our Saturday "Church In Your Home" program. We warmly invite you to fellowship with us on God's Holy Day.
Invitation. . .
- 10:00am - Sabbath School
- 11.00am - Divine service
The line up for Sabbath 4th July 2015:
- 8:00am - Join Pastor Stephen Bohr for "The Bible or Tradition 8" The title this Sabbath is 'Sundays Shaky Foundation'
- 9:00am - A thought provoking presentation entitled "What Soap Can Never Clean" presented by the Sacramento Central SDA church.
- 9:30am - Another classic sermon from Joe Crews - "The Coming World Blackout - Part 2"
- 10am - Central Study Hour - We continue our study of the Book of Luke. Lesson Six: "Women in the MInistry of Jesus" will be presented by Dr Allen Davis. This comes to you from the Sacramento Central SDA Church. If you would like to prepare more fully for this study hour, you can download the lesson from the Sabbath School Net website - Lesson Archives. Or just click on this link and it will take you there.
- 11am - The Divine Hour - This week the Nebblett family will present "The World's Biggest Problem" This is an episode from their 'Week of Prayer' series. This series will inspire you to new heights in your walk with Jesus.
- Keep watching and sing along with the hymns that play between the programs above! Firstlight wishes you and your family a very blessed Sabbath in the presence of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
- "Week of Prayer" with the God-fearing Nebblett family. This series will inspire you to new heights in your walk with the Lord. Look for them on Firstlight at 11am on Sabbath 4th July; 5:30pm on Tuesday; 12:00 midnight on Wednesday and 9am; 5:00am and 9:30pm on Friday. You will fall in love with this lovely family!
Read our latest June/July Newsletter update.And while you are here......why not sign up to receive our next newsletter directly in your inbox if you haven't done so already? Sign up here.
A Milestone reached.....
Firstlight was launched at 6pm on the 17th September 2012. It is amazing how quickly the time has flown! Thank you to all of you for your prayers and your financial support - both of which have kept Firstlight going. We know that God is using Firstlight to touch the hearts and minds of many people here in New Zealand. We receive both emails and letters daily from those who find Firstlight a blessing. If Firstlight is a blessing in your life, please consider making a donation to help keep Firstlight on air. Thank you so much!
Help spread the word about Firstlight!
Please help spread the word about Firstlight!
Why not download our information flyer, print it out and share it with your family & friends?